Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm Here! Day One:

27 June 2011
Rachael and I woke up early in the morning, our alarms were set for just before 5AM.  Early.  We still couldn't manage to make it in the car and on our way until 20 after 6- a condition we must've inherited from our mother (lol).   We were running a little late for a Monday morning flight, but nevertheless, I managed to make it on the plane in time and jetted off for California.  I traveled over clouds, valleys, crop circles, the Rockies, canyons, and finally touched down in the Golden State a little after noon yesterday! 


 Nick picked me up from the airport and drove me to my apartment in Irvine.  One of the first things I did was pretty-up my room and organize the things out of my very heavy, ready-to-burst bags.



California is such a walker/biker friendly state.  I went for a walk to the University Plaza, where I found Trader Joe's and some other really amazing shops!! 




 Nick and I went out for delicious Mexican food and had a wonderful evening =)
Love you all!  
~Amanda xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda!
    What a GREAT summer you are going to have. I love your blog and first post. Keep those pictures coming! Lots of sunshine and happy days to you.
    Lots of love and hugs,
    ♥Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda!
    Your room looks amazing! love all that you did to make it so homey...
    I'm so grateful that you made it there safely and that your sister and Juan were so helpful in the day before and the morning of...
    I'm glad you were there for them too as the weekend went on*
    I'm wishing you and Nick the best summer every *
    lots of love ♥ and lots of hugs*
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay I'm so glad you got there safe and are all settled in! Your room is super cute. Have so much fun and keep us posted. <3 mwah!

    ReplyDelete