Monday, July 25, 2011

routes and roots

biking to Newport Beach


to get from my aprtment in Irvine, to Nick's apartment in Newport I take a nice easy nine mile route.  It is a beautiful, flat trip now that I know how to travel the bike path.  The first (longish) leg of my trip is on PCH, *Pacific Coast Highway rt 1* which is that road that travels the entire west coast. PCH is a busy road, but really beautiful too...and VERY biker friendly because everyone bikes here!
The second, and logest leg of my trip is on Back Bay Trail which takes me around Newport's bay.  I have to go over this long bridge before I start the trail... it's super cute!


In the morning it is cloudy becuase of the Marine layer, which burns off by noon or sometimes earlier depending on how hot it will be that day.
Love
Amanda xoxo

1 comment:

  1. very pretty route, Amanda...
    It's nice to get a peek into your world this summer!
    *lots of love and hugs*
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete